Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Swimming Lessons





Ella starting taking swimming lessons this summer. It started out in Utah with my Niece Chelsea (thank you Chelsea) who spent 1 full week everyday for 30 min or more teaching Ella how to swim. Ella, did a really good job and I was so excited to see her get excited about swimming because it has been a big fear of mine and so I am not about to let Ella feel the same so I am making sure she sticks to it!!! Well, here in Kirksville they have red cross swimming lessons and I jumped all over it and put her in. She watched this little girl in her 1st lesson and by the time that 1st lesson was done Ella was swimming like a little fish! I could tell that she wanted to swim like that girl and I knew that she would just go fo it so she did and did great! She passed the 2nd level and went on the the 3rd. The 3rd is the hardest to pass because of all back and front strokes that they have to do so the instructors did not pass any of the children. We are ok with that because level 4 is all laps without standing or stopping and Ella is ok with doing level 3 over so that she gets really good. The lessons start back on Sept 15th and she can't wait!!! I should do swimming lessons too but don't want to :)

No comments: